The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the CNG Station Supervisor opportunity, you should have:
- Strong experience working as a maintenance technician or similar*, including skill in the following:
- Advanced understanding of industrial electrical components including electrical wiring, conduits, panels, switch gears, switches, gauges, motors, etc.
- Ability to inspect, maintain and troubleshoot electrical components for safe and proper operating conditions
- Basic understanding of industrial mechanical equipment such as compressors, engines, piping, tubing, fittings, filters, fasteners, valves, etc.
- Ability to inspect, maintain, repair and adjust mechanical equipment for safe and proper operating conditions
- Basic PLC knowledge and understanding; you will have support for PLC programming
- Knowledge/understanding of Lockout-tagout (LOTO)
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Your own set of tools up to 1 1/2"; your own Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM)
- Basic computer knowledge to do work orders, work on spreadsheets, research on the Internet, etc.; a tablet will be supplied
- A commitment to safety and respect for working around high-voltage & high-pressure systems
- CNG knowledge and/or work experience preferred
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record to drive a company van; a safe place to park a stocked van
- The ability to communicate and effectively interact with a wide variety of stakeholders from contractors to leadership; the ability to guide and manage contractors
- Self-motivation and the drive to own your responsibilities
- Outstanding analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to support your stations continually through all types of weather
*Outstanding electrical training can be substituted for direct experience.
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Maintenance, as CNG Station Supervisor, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of 7 CNG station sites, 5 in Indiana (Greensburg, Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Indianapolis and Seymour) and 2 in Ohio (Dayton and Findlay). Every site must be visited weekly and depending upon the size of the station and customer demand, some require two or three visits per week. Smaller stations have one compressor, while your largest has four. Most stations have two or three compressors. All are CFA Cameron compressors.
Day In the Life
You will plan and execute your daily schedule in order to meet the needs and requirements of each of your stations, and taking into account the distance you will drive. You will be home-based and typically drive to two or three stations per day in order to make periodic inspections and ensure that equipment is operating properly and within normal operating conditions. Your company van will be equipped with a GPS which will allow us to know where your working. Of course, you'll also have contact with your supervisor and other management personnel, but we expect you to work well independently.
It will be your role to provide the highest level of customer service to American Natural Gas customers. At times you will participate in our marketing, service and training efforts through your customer service efforts and by conducting training or education of clients/personnel. You'll also interact with contractors and factory reps for major repairs (for example to compressors) and programming assistance (PLCs). The majority of your efforts will be dedicated to the routine inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs, such as:
- Checking on compressors, adding oil, fixing leaks as needed, etc.
- Checking overall/complete CNG station operations -- draining receiver tanks, changing coalescing filters, cleaning card readers, etc.
- Recording all work performed in our new Emaint Cloud-based Maintenance Management program (the program also tracks hours worked and parts needed/used)
- Performing quarterly and annual PM
- Logging into the Emaint program daily to track all activities.
- Using the Weekly Equipment Inspection Checklist to guide your activities.
- Checking and recording operational data such as fluid levels, temperatures and pressures to compare to trends for the purpose of making corrections and repairs as needed.
- Detecting and correcting faulty and malfunctioning mechanical and electrical components, devices and equipment related to CNG fueling equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining fueling locations when onsite which includes picking up trash, hand cleaning and polishing of fueling equipment, painting, site work, island cleanup and rehabilitation, landscaping and any other task that helps to improve to look, feel and operation of a facility.
- Installing, removing and modify fueling station equipment as requested by an ANG supervisor, manager or managing member of the company.
- Maintaining all fueling station equipment and structures in accordance with manufacturer’s and ANG’s guidelines.
- Meeting contract requirements for maintenance.
More Good ReasonsProfessional Development
Whether you’re new to CNG or have some industry experience, you’ll find plenty to learn in this role. Our team is open to sharing knowledge and you will work with a manager who enjoys mentoring and has more than 20 years in the business.
Autonomy and Support
You will have the autonomy to set your on PM schedule and take ownership of your role. At the same time, you're not working on an island. Support is always just a phone call away.
Group On-call Efforts
We don't expect you to sit around all weekend waiting for phone to ring. Call-outs are handled as a group and we're all dedicated to stepping up as needed to support our stations and each other. And, we have strong remote capabilities!
In addition to our strong benefits package, we offer a competitive salary.
At ANG, we have built a culture around setting the team up for success, and we take pride in working together to achieve our common goals. If you enjoy a collaborative and supportive environment, then you could be a good fit for our organization.
We have created agility based on minimal layers of management, ease of collaboration, open communication, and an entrepreneurial attitude. We are on a strong growth trajectory, in a growing industry.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you’ll need to be highly self-motivated and dedicated to providing outstanding service. Naturally, you'll need strong electrical (essential) and mechanical skills, but you'll also need outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to work with a variety of internal and external contacts.
Our ideal candidate will bring a strong sense of ownership over their assigned stations. This is not a 9 to 5 clock punching role. We need someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to do their best at every station visited each and every day. You’ll need a strong work ethic, a positive and supportive attitude, and a commitment to keep each station running at optimal levels. You will know you're hitting the mark when you're seeing few breakdowns and customer feedback is positive.
About American Natural GasAmerican Natural Gas, LLC (ANG), a subsidiary of ANG Holding, Inc., is a premier retailer of compressed natural gas (CNG). We design, build, own, operate and maintain natural gas fueling stations for transportation. The mission of ANG is to help America by making natural gas readily available for commercial and public use in vehicles. ANG’s team is comprised of industry, legal, construction, engineering and entrepreneurial experts who are working directly with the leading natural gas companies to seek out opportunities for building successful natural gas fueling stations. Vehicle manufacturers and fleet operators are pursuing natural gas vehicles in US markets to reduce carbon emissions and environmental impacts while providing a cost-effective alternative to foreign crude oil.
The American transportation sector is rapidly converting from foreign-dependent diesel fuel to clean burning, American natural gas, which dramatically reduces emissions and significantly reduces fuel costs. ANG is a leader in providing cost effective and scalable solutions for natural gas fuel in North America. Given the cost effectiveness of natural gas, its environmental friendliness and its abundance as an American natural resource, natural gas is the best candidate for alternatives to gasoline and diesel for the motor vehicle market. With over 30 years of combined experience, ANG provides the best solution to accommodate our customers’ CNG fueling needs, accompanied by service that is second to none.